Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7 ; Reconnecting with a yogi from the vegas training

Well this mourning did not go to smooth for me , I woke up at 6am wanting to go to boxing but then when i pressed the snooze button from the extra 5 minutes nap ,I woke up at 6 31 and decided to sleep in , got to sleep in til 9:30am , oh what joy! after worrying about my car and how much it will cost replace the bumper ,I had to endure a really rough day at work where 2 staff members suddenly had to leave because they were sick and another just no showed, once work was finish and having to deal with traffic I went to shapes with my buddy Stephane and we decided to try a class called power (so a weightlifting class) and it was like 25 girls and us (talk about yoga class atmosphere) except I actually felt really weird about being there , anyways by the end the class was very challenging that I know next time I must start up with a lower weight but felt amazing and left with a big smile , later on i was very tempted to go home and eat , I decided to stop at safeway instead and bought granolla bars to hold me off before yin class, Sherri was extremly helpful during the class and I ended up falling asleep during pigeon on the left side . During savasana I had many random thoughts like I`m talking from 1985 bears to just important african figures that changed history (must work on staying more present ... technically i guess I am ) also saw that many fellow challengers attended the 9 pm Leslee led class ,G0 TEAM .
Since being back from my Vegas training after the first month I had almost lost contact with most of the people from training , it`s pretty tough since none of them were from Winnipeg which is why I am that much more excited that Ted is coming to the studio. Well at about 11 pm one of my fellow moksha classmates(Kayleigh the only one that was younger then me and which I could picture being on a reality show just being the one to speak her mind and she pulled empire records style and shaved her head right before training , I seriously gave this girl made props!overall not your typical girly girl with a wicked sense of humor and someone you would find it hard to be bored with ) decided to message me and it really made me remember how much of a great time I had down there and how much of good thing went on. Which really makes me glad we started this 100 day challenge thing because it brings me to mentality that we are all different and unique and yet still all practicing yoga together for a certain periode of time, so thank you Moksha community for keeping me in tact and making me appreciate life (through the good and tought moments ) every step of the way

1 comment:

  1. That's so true... we're all so different but we have yoga in common. I love the yoga community! :)

    ReplyDelete